Health and Safety Services
At Antaris we help a wide range of organisations with all aspects of their health and safety management.
Implementation of health and safety management system
Antaris is the first company in Ireland to be certified to ISO 45001:2018. Therefore we understand the benefits and challenges of implementing a formal health and safety management system.
The benefits of an ISO 45001 management system include:
• Improved ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
• Reducing the overall costs of incidents
• Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
• Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
• Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
• Recognition for having acheived an international benchmark (which may in turn influence customers who are concerned about their social responsibilites)
We will guide you through any or all parts of the implementation process, including:
• Drafting corporate context document
• Carrying out gap analysis to ISO 45001 and conducting ISO 45001 migratory gap analysis against OHSAS 18001
• Preparing health and safety documentation, including procedures, process maps,
safety statements and manuals, policies
• Developing health and safety objectives, targets and management programmes
• Drafting and interpreting registers of Irish and EU legislation
• Conducting risk assessments
• Delivering training and awareness programmes
• Carrying out pre-assessment audits
• Implementing monitoring programmes
• Providing ongoing compliance
Gap analysis is your first step in implementing a formal health and safety management system and achieving certification to ISO 45001. It is a baseline evaluation of your current practices and performance, and identifies the main gaps against the requirements of the standard.
Our health and safety experts can carry out a gap analysis of your current management system and draft recommendations for improving your health and safety performance and meeting the requirements of the standard.
Register of H&S Legislation and Legal Compliance Assessment
Antaris can help you to:
• Prepare or update your register of OH&S legislation
• Interpret the legislative implications for your business
• Assess your compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
Development of Health and Safety Documentation
We also assist our clients in drafting any health and safety documentation, including:
• OH&S Policy
• Risk assessment reports
• H&S manual
• H&S procedures, work instructions and process maps
• Safety statement
Risk & Opportunity Assessments
We can conduct a risk & opportunity assessment of your activities, procedures and operations or review your existing risk assessments, using a paper-based or web-enabled methodology.
Based on the classification of work activities, identification of hazards and determination of risk associated with each hazard, we can help you to define appropriate and efficient risk control strategies and help you reduce the risks.
Pre-assessment and Internal Health and Safety Audits
Audits are a key tool in the certification process and ongoing management of health and safety. Our highly skilled and experienced auditors carry out pre-assessment audits for clients in advance of audits by certification bodies.
This provides a "sanity check" and helps to identify any issues your organisation needs to address prior to the certification audit.
We also assist organisations that do not have the internal resources or expertise to carry out their own audits and we help them to meet the internal health and safety audit requirements of ISO 45001.
Health and Safety Training
Antaris develops and delivers various health and safety training programmes customised to our clients’ needs. These range from auditor training and various ISO 45001-related training courses to safety awareness programmes and specialist training in manual handling, chemical risk assessments, confined spaces etc.
A significant number of our training courses are certified by CQI and IRCA, NEBOSH, and IOSH.
Find out more about our Health and Safety Training Programmes.
Health and Safety Software
We have developed a series of compatible health and safety software solutions that can help you to manage your safety matters in more efficient way, including Pegasus Legal Register, Audit software, Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) software, Hazard register.
Read more about our Health and Safety Software Solutions