This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated ESG Consultant to join our team in Limerick. You will be supporting and assisting clients in the preparation of their ESG strategies by benchmarking their baseline performance, developing action plans for sustainability, and supporting them with their reporting obligations.
You will join a small, friendly, and growing team of ESG, sustainability and environmental specialists, in Limerick.
Specific aspects of the role will include:
- Working closely with clients to report in accordance with a wide range of ESG frameworks and schemes including Science Based Targets (SBTi), TCFD, GHG Protocol, GRI, CDP, EU Taxonomy, UN SDGs, etc.
- Developing an understanding of client operations, strategic objectives and ESG context.
- Assisting clients in assessing material ESG issues, risk governance and strategy.
- Assisting with data analysis and synthesis to support our review of client corporate governance practices across companies, councils, government organisations, and asset portfolios.
- Identifying appropriate objectives, targets, KPIs, and metrics to measure performance.
- Supporting the organisation to embed ESG strategies and manage associated changes.
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Business case development
- Building strong relationships with clients.
- Joining a small and fast-growing team, with opportunities to be part of our growth from early on and be rewarded through career development opportunities.
- Working locally alongside the team in Limerick, but also working with teams and projects across Ireland.
- Third-level qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics, social sciences, law, organisational development.
- 3 years of experience assisting clients in assessing material ESG issues, risk governance and strategy.
- A proven track record in the preparation and implementation of corporate strategy or transformation projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, effectively resourcing to meet client deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Client liaison and relationship management throughout various stages of a project.
- Strong technical analytical skills.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience providing strategic consulting advice in a professional services environment.