ISO 45001 Certification – migration from OHSAS 18001
NSAI Migration Policy
The NSAI Migration Policy sets out specific timelines and options for certification to ISO 45001:2018 for existing OHSAS 18001 certified organisations.
ISO 45001 replaces the OHSAS standard and puts Occupational Health and Safety at the same level of international recognition as the Quality and Environmental standards.
The main points of the migration policy are summarised below:
- Three-year migration period to 30th September 2021, also known as period of co-existence.
- All NSAI certification to OHSAS 18001:2007 will cease on 30th September 2021.
- Certification to I.S ISO 45001:2018 upgrade options:
- Upgrade at reassessment in the normal three -year cycle of certification. This is the preferred option.
- Upgrade in one of the two surveillance years with an additional man-day required to cover existing and new requirements of the standard. Certification will remain within the current cycle starting from the last reassessment.
- Special reassessment and upgrade audit in any one of the two surveillance years with additional time resulting in a new three-year certificate.
All OHSAS 18001:2007 certificates will have an expiry date of 30th September 2021 regardless of reassessment date.
Please refer to the NSAI website from time to time to review updates.